Mission, Vision and Values
Together we Grow, Forever we Learn
At Henderson Elementary we establish high standards for student achievement by:
1. Promoting quality, student-centered learning where children are creative and responsible independent thinkers and problem solvers.
- We communicate, teach and model risk taking, problem solving, independence and life-long learning.
- We speak and act respectfully to students, colleagues, and parents.
- We are aware of students’ needs and tailor instruction to meet their needs.
2. Establishing a safe, respectful and responsible environment that recognizes individual differences in students and adults.
- We teach and support the Francis Howell School District curriculum daily.
- We communicate state and district expectations to the community.
3. Working collaboratively with students, colleagues, and parents as a collaborative team, we will promote high levels of achievement by:
- Having focused and open communication among grade levels and departments.
- Defining essential outcomes for student learning.
- Measuring student progress against a common standard.
- Establishing interventions to meet all needs.
- Keeping abreast of current educational research.
- Supporting a challenging student-centered curriculum with high expectations.